Prohibitions* against sexual relations with...
- Mother (verse 7)
- Step-mother [father's wife] (verse 8)
- Sister and half-sister (verse 9)
- Granddaughter (verse 10)
- Step-sister (verse 11)
- Aunt [father's sister] (verse 12)
- Aunt [mother's sister] (verse 13)
- Aunt by marriage [father's brother's wife] (verse 14)
- Daughter-in-law (verse 15)
- Sister-in-law [brother's wife] (verse 16)
- A woman and her daughter (verse 17a)
- A woman and her granddaughter (verse 17b)
- Wife and her sister [wife must be dead before sister can become wife] (verse 18)
- A woman menstruating (verse 19)
- Another man's wife (verse 20)**
- Against child sacrifice (verse 21)***
- A man (verse 22)
- An animal (verse 23a)
- A woman with an animal(verse 23b)
- Pagans of the land did these things but God's people were not to--they were to be holy (verses 24-30)****
* Prohibitions are from the perspective of a man. Women are addressed in verse 23. However, it can be inferred that women should also not willingly participate in these sexual unions which are prohibited for men.
** This whole section could be summarized as "Do not have sex with anyone or anything other than your wife." Sadly, because of our own wicked hearts, God has to get specific to show us there are no exceptions.
*** Not a sexual prohibition since it is against child sacrifice but much of idol worship was tied to fertility, prosperity, and immoral acts.
**** God's people are to still be holy. If you are practicing any of these then repent, turn to God before it is too late. There is hope for those who put their trust in Jesus. 1Cor. 6:9-11 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."