Sunday, December 17, 2006

Great Expectation


Abigail is going to be a big sister!!! That's right -- we're expecting a little addition to the Bishop family. Above is a picture of the pregnancy test I took on September 30th. I am now 15 weeks along. It's wonderful being out of the first trimester. I feel great now -- no more morning sickness and lots more energy. I'm just starting to be able to feel the baby move, too.

The baby is due in early to mid June. Abigail will be 2 years and a month at that time. We still can't believe it sometimes -- it is an unexpected blessing! Praise God! He also stopped what seemed like an impending miscarriage at one point -- I'm convinced that God intervened somehow. Let's thank Him for that, too. And pray for a continued healthy pregnancy, without gestational diabetes or anything else, an easy enough labor, and for a smooth adjustment for everyone involved.

My doctor is a little sonogram happy, so I got to have another one at my appointment on Thursday. And guess what? They can already tell the sex of the baby! And it's a ...
(to be continued in the next blog entry... )

In the mean time, go ahead and post your guess.

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Derek said...

Gah! Why do you torture us! I'm guessing... girl. I think you gave it away when you said "Abigail is going to be a big SISTER!"

Oh, wait, that's not how that works...

kman said...

I'm going to guess boy because I always tell Barry that real men have boys, and I think he's up to the challenge. (In reality, real men have girls. Pushovers like me have boys because God knows I can't handle it...don't tell Barry...shhh).

Karianne said...

Well Derek stole my guess. But, seeing as how you said they could ALREADY tell, leads me to believe that maybe they SAW something.

So I will say BOY.

(But I reserve the right to claim credit for being right if it is a girl. ;)

Richie's Dad said...

I say it will be a BOY. Since the odds are in my favor just slightly. So will you name him; Hank Boomhauer Bishop?

Anonymous said...

i think its a girl - but the boys have been being born lately so who knows.