Thursday, May 01, 2008

Christmas 1993 - woah!

My cousin Les (a.k.a "Gator") sent me this picture a few months ago and only now do I have the courage to post it.

From left to right are my Aunt Leslie, Dori (brother's girlfriend), my brother Ray, Aunt LaQuinta, Uncle Murl, my grandma Jewel, my mom Mary, Cousin Les, and (sigh) me.

Notice that I am the only one wearing shorts. I guess it was because I wanted to show off my chicken legs. However, I thought legs were supposed to be dark meat, not pasty white. I estimate that I was 14 at the time of this picture. You could say I was at that awkward stage but honestly I looked this way for the next 7 years after that.

Thank you, Les, for the picture. It brought back memories of the good times at Maw-maw Bishop's house.

2 comments:

kman said...

If it was Christmas of '93, why is the girl on the left wearing a class of '95 sweatshirt??? Are you playing mind games, Barry?

Barry Bishop said...

Keith, this is a mystery of Loch Ness monster proportions. I happen to know that the girl in the picture graduated highschool in '92 and college in '96. Why would she clearly be wearing a shirt that says Class of '95? Also, if she got it from a friend, why would she be wearing it in front of her boyfriend who was the class of '97? My cousin told me this picture was from Christmas '93. Strange!