Wednesday, May 07, 2008

World's worst blog--What I ate today

I have started using a website called the "daily plate dot com" to keep track of the calories I take in every day. It is a really cool site!

I have noticed for some time that I have been steadily gaining weight. Okay, I've been noticing for a few years now but I haven't done anything about it. =o) I mean, when I was in my teens and early 20's I could eat a ton of junk food and not gain an ounce!

However, I have been hoping for a while that somehow I would lose the weight despite the fact that I eat junk and don't work out.

For the last two days however (Tues. & Weds.) I have turned over a new leaf, as you can see in my food journal. I have kept under my daily allowance of calories and I have done a little bit of exercise. However, today I had a biscuit with gravy which was like a calorie/fat bombshell.

I hope I can keep this up. Honestly, I struggle with food because I really like to eat and usually eat more than I should. As a Christian I want to honor the Lord with my body. Also, I don't want to be addicted to something unhealthy. I have many times thought that my overeating is a spiritual problem. I am using food for pleasure or comfort when I am stressed rather than turning to the Lord in prayer. This would be a form of idolatry and gluttony. When it is put that way then it sounds really serious!

So I would appreciate your prayers for me. I am praying that Lord will help me to have self-control, which is one of the fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23). Ultimately, the Christian life is daily yielding to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. In following Him, with the help of the Spirit you will act more like Jesus.

PS The fruits of the Spirit are found in those who have been born again (John 3). This is because those who have been born again have the Holy Spirit (John 14 specifically verse 16). If you examine your life and find you do not have any of the fruits of the Spirit found in Gal. 5:22-23 then it very well could be that you have not been born again ("saved," "regenerated.") The good news is that there is hope. Click here.

No comments: