Monday, June 30, 2008

Barry Bishop, Pastor?

Barry just began his first pastorate! Hay Valley Baptist Church near Gatesville, TX voted on June 1st. It's a small country church. Everyone has welcomed us with open arms and has been so sweet to us. Please pray that God will use us to love and minister to all the people there. Please also pray for safe travel there and back on the weekends, as we will continue to live in Fort Worth until Barry receives his degree in May, God willing. We wanted to share some pictures with you.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Richie's Dad said...

Wow, way to go Barry Dale!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Barry! We miss you and Karen here in Austin.

john & ellen said...

wow! great news..it seems so "grown up" :-)

Derek said...

That's a great looking church, Barry! I know they'll be blessed to have a pastor who preaches the Gospel.

Barry Bishop said...

Thanks so much for all your encouragement! The LORD is truly good because He put a burden on my heart to preach and pastor and after praying for a long time for a chance He has given me an opportunity.
The funny thing is that now He has answered my prayer I feel that I am in over my head. That's ok, though, it just sends me back to my knees.

Derek, the funny thing is that I get to pick what the sermon will be so I know that I will share the Gospel. But the scary thing is that I am going to be preaching on Sunday. Yikes! it's already Weds. and I have so much left to prepare =o)