Saturday, August 16, 2008

7th Heaven

Here's us on our wedding day 7 years ago:

So happy and in love back then, and even more so now! We celebrated our 7th Anniversary last Monday, August 11th. Bet you didn't know that the 7th anniversary is the "Copper Anniversary." We stayed one night at the historic Inn at Salado. We'd never stayed at a bed and breakfast before -- very romantic! We also dined at the Stagecoach Inn and went to see "Journey to the Center of the Earth" in 3D. Talk about an awesome date! (Big points for Barry!)

That was the longest time I'd ever been away from Reuben, and I missed him, but he did fine with Granny. He still nurses 2-3 times a day and he walks a little bit. I can't turn my back away from him for even a minute these days without him climbing up on the table or playing with the lamp or electrical cords. The two kids are making it quite impossible to keep a clean house, but I like that they are interacting more, even if it does cause some spats over toys. Abigail's imagination has really grown and it's fun to see her pretend to be a cat or an angel. Everybody always comments on how long her hair is now. My friend pointed out that we may have to cut it soon so that it doesn't get into the potty!

We're still enjoying getting to know everyone at Hay Valley Baptist Church. Barry is doing a great job preaching on Sundays. We had over 50 kids at the Vacation Bible School last month. It was a really fun and special time for our church. Barry had to kiss a pig at the end of it because the boys lost the fundraising war against the girls. We raised over $500 to give to the Texas Baptist Children's Home for school supplies.

Barry will start the Fall semester on Thursday. I'm sure it'll prove to be difficult since he's taking 16 hours, is still grading for an Evangelism professor, and is a part-time pastor. But, we feel like we're almost in the home stretch since graduation will hopefully be in May.

I'm going to be pretty busy myself this semester. Since Reuben's officially a toddler now, I volunteered to be an officer with Metochai (seminary wives organization) and MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). I may have bit off more than I can chew, though. I'm just praying that God will help me be faithful and efficient, and that the women in these organizations will feel encouraged and loved.

We plan to come into Austin on August 24th at 3 pm for the service at Liveoak Bible Church. We hope to see many of you old friends there! Also, Barry will be ordained soon and we'd love it if you would come to that service. It will be in Gatesville at our church on a Sunday afternoon -- possibly September 28th.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear what's going on in your life! Wow, the kids are growing so fast, I can't wait to see them again!